Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Past and the Present.

I revisited this blog after a hiatus of more than a year. I only took up blogging during Sec 1 for the sake of school, and indeed, my blog was not very sustainable thanks to my hectic schedule and inefficient time management. I have forgotten this blog in its entirety for many months....but I was brought back here by "A Distant Shade of Green", a piece by New Age artist Kevin Kern which I really love which is in this blog's playlist. It brought back memories of the days when I was idealistic, and young, energetic, and full of myself.

Sec 2 was a relatively good year for me. I did quite well in terms of academics, and juggled 3 extra subjects. But nothing gold stays (Robert Frost). My Malay and LEP are sunk now. My Chinese isn't capable of scoring A1 too.

Project's Competition is just over, and I think my group did well enough. Term 3 is the craziest term. There are more tests than usual, there are SPAs and this is the last term which determines whether you get exempted from exams or not. And who wants to take exams?

In this time and age, everything we do has a purpose. After term 1 last year, I gladly "relinquished" this blog-it did not do me much good. I told myself, maybe if I have the time I would create another blog. I would start anew. I would post what I wanted to, and not what the school wanted me to. But the tide of time swept such thoughts away. I am only writing this now because I am reminiscing. I think of 细水长流 as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment