Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Literature: Art for To Kill a Mockingbird


The second assignment for me is spatial.

The tasks (out of which I have to pick one):

1. Design a map for Maycomb (think Google map!) Take into consideration the location of the homes, streets, etc. (I have totally no clue for this, I'd better play safe!)
2. Design an obituary for Mrs Dubose (this sounds morbid, no way I'm doing it!)
3. Design a comic strip for the Tom Robinson trial
4. Design a civil rights movement poster for Maycomb.

I picked the fourth and last task.

Analysis:

Purpose:To encourage people to support civil rights for the Blacks
Audience: People of Maycomb
Setting: Maycomb (fictional town in Alabama) during the 1930s, a time of extreme racial prejudice against Blacks

I have tried to infuse the themes of courage and prejudice in this poster. I hope I'm successful...


A note here: the person with a lot of bullet holes and who is shedding tears is Tom Robinson. Why so gory? Ermm...that's the price for not having civil rights! >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment